Ovens are mostly used for heating, baking and drying food. Just like other home appliances, they get dirty after use. You need to clean them at least once a month to remove dirt that could be hiding in them. This dirt, if not cleaned off, can compromise the working efficiency of your oven forcing you to call an appliance repair service. If you do need a good local appliance repair company go here: http://www.sentinelappliancerepair.com/tx/appliance-repair-austin/
Cleaning ovens is not a straightforward task because if you are not careful, water and other cleaning agents can interfere with electrical components something even experienced appliance repair technicians can find it hard to repair.
In this article, we have covered some tips for cleaning ovens quickly and efficiently. Read on to find out more.
What you need
You don’t need to stress yourself with expensive cleaning agents. You can use homemade cleaners to get your crusty oven clean. Basically, you need water, white vinegar, baking soda, rubber gloves, damp cloth, spray bottle, plastic or silicone spatula
• Remove the oven racks, oven thermometer, pizza stone, and anything else you have inside the oven.
• Take 1/2 cup of baking soda paste and mix it with a few drops of water until you have a spreadable paste.
• While wearing the rubber gloves, coat the interior surfaces of your oven with the paste you prepared. The paste will turn a brownish color as you continue to rub it on dirty or greasy surfaces.
• Let it sit overnight.
• Meanwhile, use the manufacturer’s instructions on the appliance manual to clean the oven racks, oven thermometer, pizza stone and other removable components.
• After an overnight stay, take a damp cloth and wipe out all the paste from the oven. If the damp cloth is not enough for you, use a spatula to scrape off the paste as needed.
• Using a spray bottle, spray a little white vinegar to remove the baking soda residue.
• Again, take your damp cloth and wipe out the remaining foamy mixture on the oven.
• Replace the parts you had removed.
Regular cleaning will make your oven stay clean and in working order longer, but that doesn’t mean it will prevent it from breaking down or experiencing some problems. If you are experiencing problems with your oven, you need to call a technician to solve them. Choose a professional appliance repair service because they are experienced in refrigerator repair, washer repair, dryer repair, washing machine repair, dishwasher repair and repair of any home appliance you may have.